1951 Allard J2 Competition
This 1951 Allard J2 was built on August 24, 1951. Originally the car was fitted with an Ardun-Mercury engine, and like all of those, it blew up within a month. It was then fitted with a Ford pilot engine. In 1968, the owner at the time had the car resprayed and reupholstered by the same man who originally upholstered it when new. Once again, this owner changed the engine and transmission. After being sold to yet another owner, its home became Florida, from which the Allard was found and brought into our possession. Large amounts of time, planning, and hard work were poured into this vehicle. Every aspect of the car was restored, from the frame to the custom tonneau cover. The outcome was phenomenal, and thus the “Ultimate Allard” was born.
Since the completion of the restoration in 2011, this Allard has been featured in publications, including Classic Motorsports, and car shows across the country.
Here you can view the engine being started in the restoration process by the owner, Martin Stickley.
The professional portraits were taken by Pat Jarrett at Studio 108 in Waynesboro, Virginia.